October CMS v1.1.0 Released
After a lot of work by the October CMS team, the Laravel 6 upgrade is finally here! This build is currently available via Composer, it will be available through the Marketplace shortly.
NOTE: This build contains a number of changes made as a part of the upgrade from Laravel 5.5 LTS to 6.x LTS, it is highly recommended that you review the upgrade guide to ensure you aren't affected.
- Added new "sensitive" field widget that provides a revealable password field for forms.
- Finished implementing the
php artisan october:util purge uploadsconsole command that purges invalid files (Files that don't have a matching entry in
system_files) and empty directories from the
uploadsdirectory. This only works on uploads stored on the local disk for now.
- Added built in support for easy and fast resizing of images with three new Twig filters (
| resize(width, height, options),
| imageHeight) and a new backend List column type (
image). See https://github.com/octobercms/october/pull/5231 for more information.
- The SMTP port field in the Mail Settings page will be pre-filled with the default port depending on the encryption type selected, if it is using a standard port. Custom ports will not be overwritten.
- Added a link to the backend in the demo theme header menu to make it easier for new users to find the backend.
- Added new development configuration option
develop.allowDeepSymlinkswhich allows for symlinks at any subdirectory level when generating a public URL from a local path.
System\Controllers\Settingscontroller now provides a
formGetWidgetmethod to retrieve the form widget used for Settings forms.
- The default password validation rules for
October\Rain\Auth\Models\Userhave been loosened by no longer having a max length since passwords are stored in the database as hashed values and the length of the input has no effect on the length of the output.
october:envwill now use
QUEUE_DRIVERto refer to the queue connection when generating a .env file from the config files.
- The individual composer.json files for each of the October Rain library components have been removed as using individual components of the October Rain library is no longer supported.
- Support has been added for
- Support has been added for the
eloquent.retrievedModel event that Laravel added in 5.5.2.
app:nameArtisan command was removed as Laravel removed it in L6 and October never really had a need for it.
- Added new public static method
Model::flushDuplicateCache()to flush a given model's duplicate query cache during a request lifecycle.
- Added polyfill for the
http_build_url()core PHP function.
- Added new
php artisan create:theme $codescaffolding command.
- Added new
array_undothelper methods / functions (transforms a flat, dot-notated array into a normal nested array)
- Added new
- Added new
resolve_path()helper function that closely emulates the PHP
realpath()function, but supports resolving paths for missing files and subdirectories. This is provided by the
October\Rain\Filesystem\PathResolverhelper class, which can resolve canonical paths and determine if given paths are within given directories.
October\Rain\Database\Attach\Filemodel now uses "fillable" attributes as opposed to "guarded" attributes to control mass assignment. If you extend the
File(or the main
System\Models\File) model to provide additional fields, you must now copy the "fillable" attributes to your extension and add any additional fields to this definition.
October\Rain\Database\Attach\Filemodel will now log exceptions when
getThumb()fails in addition to generating the broken image file as the thumbnail as per existing behaviour.
October\Rain\Html\HtmlBuilder::limit()method now considers whitespaces and line breaks to be one character, regardless of the line break type or number of spaces. This ensures a consistent result across both Windows and Linux.
File::isLocalDisk($filesystemAdapterDisk)method to check if the provided disk is using the Local Flysystem adapter.
October\Rain\Database\Attach\Filehas switched it's internal method
isLocalStorage()to using it, so if you are overriding that method you may be able to remove your overridden method implementation so long as your
getDisk()method is returning the correct disk for your custom FileModel.
data-browser-validatefrom the default controller scaffolding files as HTML5 form validation does not play nice with anything beyond the most basic forms. Also removed from the System Settings backend forms.
- Plugin view & configuration files are now registered on protected routes even if the plugin doesn't have elevated permissions to run on those routes in order to support views and configuration being used in database migrations.
getAllPlugins()method to the
System\Classes\PluginManagerclass to retrieve all plugins detected on the system instead of just the enabled ones.
October\Rain\Foundation\Applicationin the application container to better support Laravel packages that typehint the Application class directly rather than the contract.
- Improved handling of Rule objects when used in validation - the
message()method is now used to return a fallback message (optionally translated), and there is no need to specify a
october:util set buildcommand has been replaced with the
october:versioncommand, which now does a more accurate build version check by comparing the October CMS installation files with a manifest kept on GitHub, and no longer queries the October CMS servers simply for the latest stable or edge build.
- Added a unique ID to the Filter widget container to support being targeted through the AJAX framework.
- Improved stability of the FieldParser when parsing fields without the type property specified.
- Fixed issue where the
QueryBuilder->remember()method did not properly support being passed DateTime instances for cache expiry.
- Fixed an issue introduced in Build 1.0.466 where asset files were unable to be created through the CMS section.
- Fixed issue where removing the currently sorted by column from the list's visible columns would cause an error.
- Fixed issue where not having the GD extension loaded would cause the process to exit with an error message instead of throwing an Exception.
- Fixed issue where non-compound use statements that were aliasing imported classes in CMS code sections (i.e.
use Session as OctoberSession) were no longer being included in the parsed PHP because of a bug fix in Build 1.0.468.
- Fixed issue introduced in Build 1.0.466 where
BelongsTorelationships were unable to be updated using the RelationController behavior.
- Fixed issue where not specifying a
thumbnailWidth(even when providing a
thumbnailHeight) for the
FormWidgetwould cause it to default to 100x100.
- Fixed issue where unlinking a
BelongsTorelationship with the RelationController would not fully clear it from the view widget being displayed.
- Fixed issue where creating or adding a new record to a
BelongsTorelationship with the RelationController would not fully remove any existing relationship.
- Fixed issue introduced in Build 1.0.461 where all SystemExceptions would be logged twice to the EventLog.
- Fixed an exception that would be thrown when editing Mail Templates if any partials recorded in the database were no longer provided by the plugin due to it being removed or disabled.
- Fixed issue where a JS exception would be thrown if attempting to load a page with tabs where the hash part of the URL contained a
- Improved Spanish translation.
- Improved Russian translation.
- Added the Laravel framework dependency to each of the core modules to improve stability of existing composer installations
sftpstorage drivers are now included with the core.
postmarkmail driver is now included with the core.
- The October CMS and Rain Library are now tested against both Linux and Windows, PHP versions 7.2 to 7.4, to ensure that functionality works correctly across both supported operating systems.
- The Laravel framework has been added as a dependency to the core modules and library to improve the stability of existing Composer installations.
- The Assetic library is no longer an external dependency as the key functionality has been absorbed by the October Rain library.
- The Jenssegers/Date library is no longer an external dependency as the key functionality was included in Carbon 2.0 and Argon took over whatever small pieces were left behind.
- The unmaintained
leefo/scssphpdependency has been replaced with
- The unmaintained
lessc.inc.phpincluded dependency has been replaced with